To the valued clients of Paws, Claws and Hooves Veterinary Center:
Governor Inslee's announcement last evening of the “stay at home” order will affect our operations, but veterinary services are considered an “essential business” and as such we continue to remain open during the outbreak of COVID-19 (Coronavirus).
We are instituting some revised policies as of 3/24/20 to keep you, your pets and our staff healthy:
1. Drop off appointments will be the best way to practice “social distancing”. This will be our preferred appointment type for the duration of this unique situation.
2. If you want to stay for the duration of your pets visit we have implemented “Curbside” service as of last week. We ask you to please stay in your vehicle the whole time you are here. Please call us when you arrive, a staff member will ask you some history questions over the phone and then come out to retrieve your pet from the vehicle. We may need to use one of our slip leashes to ensure your dogs safety in the parking lot. We also ask that all cats please arrive in secure carriers. At the conclusion of your visit we prefer to collect payment over the phone or use our mobile card reader to limit cash handling.
3. We are asking clients who are sick (respiratory disease or fever) or clients who have potentiallybeen exposed or who have tested positive for COVID-19 to not bring their pets personally to the clinic. Please make other arrangements for the pet to be brought in and please communicate to us the increased risk so we can utilize the proper PPE (protective gear). We will also start utilizing telemedicine options through FB messenger, Video Chat, Facetime, E-mailing photos, phone consultations, etc.
4. If your pet is scheduled for a routine wellness visit, we will need to reschedule the appointment until after the governor's restrictions have been lifted.
5. House calls will be scheduled on a case by case basis. Please do not ask for a house call if you or any of your family members have been sick any time in the past 2 weeks.
6. Please take advantage of our Drive-Thru Pharmacy window for medication and food pick-up. It is located on the West side of our building, facing Enterprise Middle School. Ring the doorbell and a staff member will come to the window to assist you.
7. We have been asked to suspend any elective surgeries until further notice. This includes Spays, Neuters, most mass removals (will be at Dr. discretion), Routine Dentals, Dewclaw removal, Vulvoplasy. We can still do urgent/emergency surgeries. This includes C-Sections,
amputations, pyometra, fast growing cancerous masses where a delay would be detrimental to the patient's prognosis, eye enucleations, GI obstructions, etc. We can also do urgent dental procedures such as tooth root abscesses, or severe tooth fracture (fresh and painful).
8. Due to significantly reduced appointment booking we are reducing our hours to:
9 AM – 4 PM Monday thru Friday
9 AM –1 PM Saturday
Closed on Sundays
Thank you for your understanding and patience in this rapidly changing situation,
The Doctors and Staff at Paws, Claws and Hooves Veterinary Center